RASS.-BLOG-HEADER



Rassy Tri Team with Great debut at Summer Daze Triathlon


Tell Your Friends



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Jeff Bratz takes 3rd (Pictured Left) and Reed Rinderknecht wins in Newton sprint triathlon. The race consisted of a 500 meter swim, a 18 mile bike ride, and a 5k run. Here is how Bratz interpreted his race. The Swim was a pool swim so that made for a bit of interesting swimming as we didn't sign up until race day and this was a TT start I got seeded behind many slower swimmers in front of me. Navigated slower swimmers and found myself with a decent time.

Got out of pool and onto bike with a decent transition. Headed out to the turnaround point and started passing folks pretty quickly. Goals here were as follows: 1) Open up legs and see how I felt after three hard weeks of training 2) Not to get passed by teammate Rinderknecht before the turnaround(Reed had a 5 minute later start than I did). Bike went well didn't get passed by Reed until ~mile 14 of bike. Felt pretty solid and had passed many of the folks that had started ahead of me. One guy that I had passed(with a 5 minute head start was drafting off of me after the pass) and I leap frogged into the finish line with him leading me into T2 with a 25 second lead.

Quickly transitioned and saw him in front of me about 200 yards. This off-season has been a lot of running faster(for me), and I felt "great" off the bike. Caught him within 1/4 mile and as I passed him, patted him and "encouraged" him to run with me-he didn't. Ran 7:41/mile... very pleased with that. Last season I was struggling to run 8:30's.

Net result 3rd place OVERALL. This was a VERY small race, but I am still pleased with the outcome. Great showing for the team as we got 1st and 3rd place overall.



515.277.2636.chat
515.633.2836.fax
301 Grand Ave
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Map Us -- eMail Us
In Season Hours
M-F: 10-7
Sat: 9-4
Sun: 12-4
Out of Season Hours
M-F: 10-6
Sat: 9-4
Sun: Closed